Thursday, July 1, 2010

I said I'd try to organize some ideas regarding this blog so here goes. As far as the tenor of the blog, I want to keep it upbeat and positive. I can be negative elsewhere--here I want to just share the good stuff. Of course, that doesn't mean deer eating my Diervilla (lowbush honeysuckle genus) won't annoy me, it's just that I won't attribute it to religious, political, social, educational, or governmental causes...
(borrrrr-ing!).

Also, I intend at least at first to keep family out of it, names, thoughts, etc. They exist, but they have the right to exist without wondering what I'm saying about them now.

that's about as far as I've gotten.

The purpose of this blog is to give myself an organized platform to move forward with my garden designs for our property. Since I haven't gotten a landscape architecture job and am working at a garden center I have a perfect opportunity to advance my skills at basic garden design (to be a landscape architect you need to pass five (!) sparate tests AND work for a professional full-time for two years--there is no hope of that happening at the moment).

Therefore, I want the blog to be professional in tenor, but fun, and, I hope, interesting. It isn't a school project and it is our living space. Right now I'm in the midst of building a patio, and designing the large front yard. We live on a gravel bank by a stream, so have sand as soil (I'll take pictures soon). Much to think about and design in other words.

Oh, and I'm not big on "official" beginnings. Most things start before they're recognized as existing, and most things continue in some way after they end. Sure, there is a time and date when a marriage starts, or a child is born, but the relationship the marriage formalizes probably has had some fullness prior to the wedding and a child's birth is the result of many other events which tie together and overlap in a continum. I've been blogging, i guess, for years, mostly while driving. Nothing unique in that.

No comments:

Post a Comment